Friday, September 14, 2012

Um Hi. I Made Brownies.

So, hi there. 


I just remembered that I had a blog. 

So I'm going to use it again.


Ok. Here I go.


I've been spending these past few months having a life, you know how it is, and doing stuff like, baking. Not just any baking. GLUTEN FREE BAKING! Ohhhhhhhhhh scary! Not kidding it is kinda scary. 

Recently we have come to realize that some people in my family may have a gluten intolerance, and their bodies can't handle grains like other people can. So guess what I did. I made brownies baby. 

Really, the only problem I had with the diet change was no more desserts, I love desserts. I actually love everything edible. I love food. Anyways, I went online to figure out what the heck I should do about my sweet tooth. Certain people would say, "Fruit is the new sweet. That's what the Cave Men ate when they wanted something sweet!" I'm not a cave man. Nor a cave woman, I'm a modern American!! I. Need. Sugar. 

Fruit wasn't curbing my sweet tooth very effectively, it would work for a while but not like a nice, hot, chocolaty brownie would. I went online again and looked up recipes. They all called for some weird flour substitute, mostly coconut and almond flours. Next time we went grocery shopping I made sure to beg for them :) I got home and followed one recipe. I didn't like it. So instead of taking the easy course and just looking for another one, like a normal person would do, I made my own. The grand effect was I got brownies every day for about a week, making a new batch every single day. In about two weeks I got the recipe as tasty as I could! Good thing too because my family was getting sick of brownies and I was asked to take a break. 

I will share this fabulous recipe with you later when I have a picture, because personally I would never try a new recipe with out knowing what it should look like. 

Ok that's all! Buh-Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You don;t have to write a comment, but they do make me feel special. :)